Invisible Children works exclusively on an ever-changing dynamic conflict in central Africa in which former child soldiers often want to defect from Joseph Kony’s Lord’s Resistance Army.
Decide primary distribution method:
Describe vision to web designer:
Etablish a content structure:
- The situation: an LRA group wants to surrender
- What we’re doing to help: drop “come home” fliers from a plane
- How readers can help: fund the flier-drop
Edit content to tell a compelling story:
Design the email:
Get Feedback from stakeholders:
- International Programs Director explains where we can simplify and where to be more specific. He suggests including a statistic for credibility.
- VP of Business Operations advises that we ask for $25 instead of $5.
- Communications Team suggests using an emoji in the subject line and capitalizing on the “flash action” language.